Although this position is currently closed, we are still accepting applications for such a time as when it opens up again.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide first level advice and support to managers on all matters relating to employees in the branch
- Support and advise line managers on the handling of disciplinary, grievance, capability or performance issues
- Respond to employee HR related requests, attend to employee complaints and work to resolve conflicts in the branch
- Track disciplinary issues, verify and confirm warnings and monitor the improvement of undesirable behaviour and misconduct
- Participate and take notes at investigation and disciplinary hearings when necessary
- Advice managers on cases of absenteeism, ensuring compliance with related policy and procedure.
- Provide advice and guidance on employee leave benefits & entitlement such as maternity, paternity, annual etc.
- Work with the HR Admin team in the head office to manage employee benefits such as staff loan, lease, welfare incentives, professional subscriptions, etc.
- Administer employee HMO plans, update employees with the required information and resolve queries resulting from the use of HMO
- Keep up to date with changes and developments in Human Resources policies, best practice and employment law.
- Support the employee onboarding process, ensuring new hires are properly introduced to colleagues
- Prepare new hire paperwork, collate information from employees & update employee files
- Provide onboarding materials to new hires upon resumption
- Manage the HR module of ERP for the branch
- Ensure personnel files are in place for each employee and effectively maintained
- Keep track of all HR transactions including salary payment, travel allowances, employee awards, statutory payments
- Keep track of employee absences and provide reports on headcount and absence
- Collaborate with the L&D team in the head office to carry out L&D activities when necessary
- Manage the physical onboarding of staff in the branch Performance Management:
- Work with the Performance Management team in the head office to manage quarterly performance appraisals within the branch.
- Work with the Performance Management team in the head office to plan engagement activities for the branch.
- Supports the Performance Management team in collating data needed to prepare salary, commission, productivity pay and performance bonus for the sales team in the branch.
- Assist with interview scheduling activities for the branch.
- Complete any other duties and responsibilities when requested, which are commensurate with this role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or relevant field.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in human resources management
- Complete understanding of HR functions and best practices
- Demonstrated commitment to teamwork through own actions, with a proactive, enthusiastic and innovative approach to work.
- A high level of attention to detail and the ability to prioritize effectively.