DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Draft a variety of legal agreements.
- Provide advice on corporate legal issues and business matters.
- Provide internal advisory services to the departments with the company.
- Monitor the maintenance of the registers and other records required to be maintained by the company under
the Companies and Allied Matters Act (CAMA) and other statutes.
- Assist in the development of guidelines, policies or procedures.
- Give legal advice on the best dispute resolution to employ.
- Liaise with external solicitors to ensure that litigation matters involving the company are handled with expertise.
- Co-ordinate the meetings of the Board and Board Committees and creating schedules and timetables for the
meeting of the Board and its Committees.
- Attend all committee meetings with the objective of preparing minutes and circulating the same for reviews prior to
the next meeting dates.
- File annual returns and post-incorporation documents of the company with the Corporate Affairs Commission
- Carry out extensive due diligence on prospective customers with which the company intends to enter legal
- Carry out any other function which may be assigned him/her by the Head of Legal Department/Company
- LL.B and B.L degree (minimum of second class lower)
- A minimum of 2 years post-NYSC experience
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office applications especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Sound knowledge of corporate law and regulations and statutes guiding financial institutions
- Sound judgment and discretion
- Good understanding of the general and specific company and commercial law
- Proven knowledge of litigation