Credit & Risk Management
- Reviewing & analyzing the creditworthiness of all potential customers based on risk criteria.
- Performing various departmental functions including loan covenant monitoring, risk rating, audit preparation and recovery when assigned by HOD
- Reviewing application for credit facilities with a view to pint out deviations from the company’s credit policy and highlight quality assurance issues in credit proposals received from business areas.
- To evaluate all quantitative details in the applications with a view to make objective decisions based on empirical facts from financial information evaluated.
- Generating and ensuring that all
reports as regards Underwriting and Collections are efficiently and effectively
- Implementing policies to guide the
activities in Underwriting and Collections and Recovery
- Ensures turn-around time for each transaction is
minimized to the barest minimum.
- Ensures the credit worthiness of
each transaction especially those above the level of junior underwriter by
preparing, reviewing and analyzing risk criteria of potential customers
- Develops and implements strategies
for effective credit assessment
- Reviews application of credit
facilities and pointing deviations from the company’s credit policy.
- Highlights quality assurance
issues in credit proposals received from business areas.
- Ensuring client details, loan
amounts, interest rate, guarantor’s details are appropriately booked
- To communicate to the business areas the credit corners and the quality assurance issues for responses/resolutions.
- Ensuring that all credit approvals, KYC are in place documentation is duly executed and that the company’s interest is well protected.
- Conducting credit search (CRS & CRC Report) on credit bureau database.
- Conducting Email Verification & preparing Transaction Consummation Report.
- Reviewing transactions for final checklist and approval.
- A minimum of 7 years progressive experience in Underwriting.
- B.Sc qualification in any Risk or Finance related course.
Skills and requirements:
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Excellent numeracy savvy.
- Great creative, visionary, and critical thinking skills.